In order to renew contractor license online, the following requirements must be met:
- Must hold an existing Lake County Contractor License that is valid or expired no more than 5 years ago
- The license holder name must NOT have changed
- Recorded document number for the certificate of insurance (if expired).
- Recorded document number for the proof of bond (if expired).
- Payment by credit card
Valid email address (all correspondence with the Building Department staff
will be conducted via email).
do not apply online
unless you have capability to scan and upload required
Printer (for printing the license renewal application; color printer is
preferred but not required)
- More information can be found here: https://lakecounty.in.gov/departments/planning-commission?view=faqs#60
The online license renewal process is as follows:
- Create and confirm a free online Lake County Building Department online account.
Note that it is the same account
that is used for filing online permits so you may already have one.
Login to your account.
If you already created an account, click the
"Login" button below to login. If you have forgotten your password, click
the "Forgot Password?" link on the login page.
- Download Renewal Application from your Contractor Dashboard (only the form downloaded from your Contractor Dashboard will be accepted)
- Print, complete and notarize the Renewal Application form
- Scan the notarized Renewal Application form into PDF format
- Click the "Renew License" button and follow the instructions to start the renewal process
- Submit the License Renewal request along with your credit card information
- The payment processor (not the agency) charges 2.5% or $1.49, whichever is greater,
transaction fee on all online license renewal fees paid.
By signing up or logging in, you agree that you meet the requirements and accept
the terms above.