The Online Building Permit Application Program is currently open to homeowners and active licensed Lake
County contractors in good standing.
If you have questions, click HERE
to contact Steve Nigro via email or call the office at 219-755-3700.
Registered User Agreement
(please scroll down to read the complete
In order to apply for a building permit online, the following requirements must be met:
- Property must be located within un-incorporated Lake County (the Parcel Number must end with one of the following: "001", "002", "007", "012", "013", "016", "028", "032", "037", "041", "044", "055")
- Basic knowledge of the procedure for requesting a building permit. Click HERE for more information.
- Credit card
- Valid email address (all correspondence with the Building Department staff
will be conducted via email).
- Sworn affidavit for each contractor in PDF format. The blank affidavit forms
can be downloaded HERE.
- Approval letters from other agencies. These will be requested from you AFTER
you submit your application online based on the application review unless
you upload them with your initial application.
- Scanner (do not apply online
unless you have capability to scan and upload required
- Printer (for printing the permit and permit id card; color printer is
preferred but not required)
The application process is as follows:
- Create and confirm a free online account
- Login to your account. If you already created an account, click the
Login button below to login. If you have forgotten your password, click
the Forgot Password? link on the login page.
- Create new application and attach sworn affidavit for each contractor in PDF
- There is a non-refundable filing fee of $3.50 per
- Upload any other required documents in PDF format (these will vary based on
the permit type)
- Respond to any questions
- Once application is approved, pay the permit fee online. The payment
processor (not the agency) charges 2.5% or $1.49, whichever is greater,
transaction fee on all permit fees paid using a credit card.
- Download permit in PDF format
By signing up or logging in, you agree that you meet the requirements and accept
the terms above.